Monday, April 27, 2009

instant gratification - UPDATE


photo by S. Bassos
I heart Polaroids. I just ordered a bunch of film online.
If you are equally upset about the discontinue of Polaroid film as I am, you can go here and commiserate with like minded people.
But there is some good news.
The Impossible Project will be producing integral film that can be used in your vintage Polaroid cameras.
UPDATE : HERE IS A GREAT ARTICLE FROM THE NY TIMES
I used to have a Spectra until my car was broken into.
Now I just use a 600 and I don't like it as much.

I drug my Polaroid Spectra camera all the way to China with me.

This is the Forbidden City. Photo taken by my BF, and therefore not of good quality. (sorry darling but you are a terrible picture-taker.)


Then I had this great idea to lug it all the way up a mountain while climbing the great wall. What is wrong with me?
Especially since the picture did not turn out so well.




I also love the i-zone. Santa gave this camera to me about 8 or 9 years ago. In college I would take a picture of everyone that came to my apartment, then post them on the wall in a collage.

Now I use it to take pictures of my cat (I know, I have issues) I have a collection on my fridge and one of those red-squared 'Today I Feel' magnets. I use my cat as the mood indicator. I haven't successfully captured Fin drunk yet, but one of these days...

No comments:

Post a Comment