Friday, April 3, 2009

Family Style

In college all of my friends would gather at Efrain's house every Sunday for a Family Style dinner. It was a highlight of my week and a great way to unwind, listen to music, and share stories of dear friends.
Well, that said friend, my dearest Efrain, is all grown up. He now runs an underground community supper club called Clandestino. He was recently ranked Top 10 best secret supper clubs in the world by Travel+Leisure.
You can find his link on the right hand margin under Small World Enterprises.

Clandestino has a sold out dinner this weekend, and, thinking about it made me long for the simpler days of heading over to E's house for a little grub and good company. I miss the family dinners, the potlucks my college roommate and I would regularly have and the general camaraderie of dining together.

In this economy, I'm not alone in putting restaurants aside for a moment
and remembering what it is like to have dinner at home.
So, I here by vow
To have more potlucks in my life
To have more fine company over to my house
To enjoy the fruits of community dining

No comments:

Post a Comment