Tuesday, April 28, 2009

E.T. says ouch



My friend, Ms. Becky, talked me into going to Exhale. It's this fancy schmancy mind body spa.
I took a Core Fusion class last night. It's a combination of Pilates, Lotte Berk Method and Yoga. Exhale claims to 'give you washboard abs, a tighter and higher backside, and a perfectly toned body.' By god they better be right.
I highly recommend taking a Core Fusion class if you are the type of person who loves getting your ass handed to you. Apparently, I do. I signed up for a month of 'Zen' whatever the hell that means.
I'm not sure what is worse, having your ass handed to you or the feeling of inadequacy for not having the proper 'tools'. Of course everyone there was wearing Lululemon. I mean come on, why would you wear anything other than that? My addidas was not cutting it. Between winces, I whispered over to Ms. Becky asking why everyone was wearing special Exhale socks (thank god she brought me some to wear!). Turning to me between poses she said, 'i have no idea! but after my first class i felt like i had to buy them. everyone has them on!'
Damn it! Now I have to buy some too. wtf? (wait, can i cus on my own blog? i think i can) what.the.fuck!
What is it about spas and mind body studios that make women a little nervous and insecure? The gym doesn't do that to me, so why at these peaceful Zen places?



No comments:

Post a Comment