Monday, March 30, 2009

Greening your life

What ever happened to designing with plants? I'm a huge plant person and use plants as a major part of my home decor. Lately, I've had an itch to update my collection.

AIRPLANTS

It's time to replenish my supply of these beautifully intriguing airplants. I'm ashamed to say that after years of love and 'alleged neglect', my current airplants past away.

SucculentsI am going to try as I might, once more, with succulents. They are just so wonderful to me, but for some reason they hate my house. I have radiators blasting heat at every single window in my apartment. Despite my best efforts and that fact that my apartment gets amazing light, the winter is very cruel to my plants. All plants suffer during those long months and pose a large challenge in growing, but you would think that the succulents would like the dry air. No. So this summer I hope to make a deal with the succulents and see if we can work something out.


FernsI love ferns despite the fact that they shed more than my two cats.

Here we have three, easily accessible plants that I will start my Spring off with.
Plant Source:
Home Depot
(I can't walk into a hardware store without making a b-line to the plants)

No comments:

Post a Comment