Monday, March 30, 2009

Gardening

My landlord has a great little garden in our backyard; Several tomatoes, basil, thyme, cilantro, cucumbers, hot peppers, green peppers, eggplants.
Last year we planted strawberries that I purchased for her. They didn't come up last summer, but they seem to be sprouting as we speak! I hope to plant a lettuce mix in there too in the coming weeks.

Besides the backyard garden, I do a lot of gardening indoors with herbs. Mostly basil, Thai Basil, cilantro, parsley, and sage. I've tried chives and chili peppers but my cats find their sprouts to be a delicacy. What are you gonna do?


Today I was trolling through the Spring growing section over at You Grow Girl and I read this post about microgreens. For the past two years I have tried to grow lettuce indoors, but I have failed each time. I get the lettuce to sprout wonderfully, just not to grow into full leaves. I think I can handle these microgreens.

No comments:

Post a Comment