Tuesday, February 16, 2010

If you build it, they will be happy...



okay, here's the deal....

my parents are coming to visit this weekend and as soon as they walk through my front door, my dad is gonna give me shit because i haven't made use of my vintage Singer that i begged for a couple years back. turns out i'm not the sartorial that i had envisioned. it's hard. and i probably need to take some lessons.

but, to prep for the inevitable comments that will be made about my lack of productivity, i have prepared a response.

'mom...dad....i realize that my lackadaisical approach to sewing has been an insult, not only towards your kindness in providing me with a beautiful machine, but to my machine itself. turns out guys, that Built by Wendy has a new collection coming out on February 22nd that has renewed my interest. i am going to dig out my Built By You Patterns (i own all of them) and take another stab at it!"


Seriously though, Wendy's new collection is great.
I'm defiantely going to be dusting off the old machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment