Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Purple haze all around

Last night I made an eggplant pizza.
Mmmm.
{Here is a nice recipe from Epicurious.}
I varied the recipe a bit, but that is what I love about pizzas.
You can do whatever you want and it usually tastes delish!
The eggplant and basil were fresh from my garden. I bought a little Japanese Eggplant this spring from the Green City Market and it has produced lovely.
Another recipe I plan on trying comes from my friend and Chef Efrain Cuevas.
On Monday he had an amazing feast at his new loft for his closest friend.
I died when I tried the roasted eggplant and goat cheese spread.
He used several types of eggplant, garlic and a shit ton of goat cheese.
Put it in the oven and magic happens.
Oh, and I was lusting over his tomatoes and peppers he had just picked from his farm earlier in the day. Just look at those pear tomatoes!



No comments:

Post a Comment