Tuesday, November 3, 2009

You want to be taken seriously? Stop dressing like a little girl.

Oh gosh, how do I begin....
This Sunday, Mad Men Season 3 comes to an end, and while I am having serious issues with excepting that fact, I am peeing my pants in anticipation.
My dearest Madelyn + Husband are throwing a MM season finale costume party.
Bring on the martini's and deviled eggs!
I'm going as Joan 2.0
I'm gonna try and give her something to be jealous about!
Here's my guide to becoming Joan:
1. if you're not naturally endowed, well, stuff, stuff, stuff
2. Curves are key, so if you're not curvy, think Betty, not Joan. Play up your silhouette.
3. The pencil skirt. A shift dress will work, but a wool/tweed pencil skirt+blouse will play up curves.

{bluefly, j.crew}

4. Think RED! Soft red lips, red nail polish and of course a red blouse.
Always tuck your blouse into your skirt.

{anthropologie}
5. Accessorize! Joan loves gold {who doesn't}. A broach, + long pendant necklace will do the trick.

{Joan's signature Secretary's Pencil}

{etsy, j.crew}

6. The hair...go here to see a tutorial

Have fun + enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment