Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Beijing 220
On this day 3 years ago, I was wondering the streets of Beijing.
I'd like to be there now.

great wall0001

great wall polaroid0001
The Great Wall.
I lugged a Polaroid camera all the way up a mountain.
Dedication.
(unfortunately these Polaroids look like crap. sigh. Can anyone tell me why they developed with a purple hue?)

Beijing 131 chongwenmen subway station
Chongwenmen Subway Station.

Beijing 175
(I have no neck in this photo.)
My boyfriend was hired to play trombone for a dance festival.
A tap dance festival.
Whenever my boyfriend gets paid to fly across the globe to play trombone with tap dancing people for the Chinese government he brings me.
He always brings me.

Beijing 139 rehearsing
Rehearsal. (Chicago in Beijing)
Most of the time was spent at the theater...Unfortunately.
Try producing an American performance in Beijing with one translator.
Let's just say that I greeted the band every night with a room full of beer + food.
Lots of beer = less angry musicians.

Despite headaches, it was an amazing show with the worlds best tap dancers including
If you ever get a chance to see these two, please do.
They will blow your mind.

(i hope these photos show up. Flickr has stolen my photos until i pay them $25. Pretty bullshit if you ask me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment