Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Falling...

First it was denial, then anger, but, I've accepted that it is fall.
And this weekend my bestie, Owen, is having his b-day celebration at a farm in the middle of nowhere.
(note: another attempt to recreate childhood memories.
last year it was at a roller rink, and, it was amazing.)
We are going to pick pumpkins, roll in the hay, get lost running in a corn maze, laugh (hysterically), love, and eat apple pie.
This got me thinking about all the things I do enjoy about fall.

apple cider (hard)
sweaters
cuddling closer for warmth
fireplaces
Halloween anticipation
pumpkins
apple orchards
hot apple pie
adding layers to favorite summer clothes
seasonal eats like pumpkin waffles,
Chinese-style jasmine rice+chicken soup, + squash risotto

I can't wait for the weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment