Tuesday, June 9, 2009


This weekend I battled the unseasonable cold and scooted to the Green City Market in Lincoln Park where I picked up some lettuce for my backyard garden.
I'm super excited about my little lettuce and I'm really hoping that it takes off and I can munch on it all summer long. This is my first time with lettuce so I've been reading up over at You Grow Girl. My landlord and I also have cilantro, basil, sage, parsley, cucumbers, and tomatoes.

I'm a little worried because my landlord only planted one tomato plant this year! This might be cause for some tow-mater drama later in the season. We also have had chili peppers and bell peppers as well. wtf, I have to talk to my landlord about her lackadaisical attitude!!


Don't have a garden? You can plant most veggies in containers.

Mint in vintage Baby Buggy
Strawberries

Container growing is very easy and a great way to get started if you are a beginner. And remember, the name of the game is, Be Creative with your Containers!



No comments:

Post a Comment